purchase Fran's newest book from
Book review from VEG FAMILY
The Magazine for Vegan Family Living
Corrections to recipes in the FIRST EDITION of:
More Great Good Dairy-free Desserts Naturally
The following is the list of errors and corrections to the first edition of More Great Good Dairy-free Desserts Naturally. If you discover something, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all recipes containing toasted nuts, refer to the procedure on page 23. For all recipes containing brown rice syrup, refer to the procedure on page 34.
- Blueberry Gel, page 38, add 1 teaspoon of vanilla to the ingredient list.
- Peanut Butter Mousse in Chocolate Candy Cups, page 44… the yield is 3 3/4 cups of mousse. The number of filled candy cups will vary depending on the size of the cups.]
- Maple Brown Rice and Raisin Pudding, page 53, Step #4… Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Tastes Like It Could Be Hard Sauce, page 61…Step #1 boil the apple or pear juice. The orange juice is added later.
- Ultimate Chocolate Sauce, page 63…the recipe for the Chocolate Icing is on page 147, not 148.
- The Wheat Free Lace Cookies, page 70, has been revised. Click for the new version.
- Anise Almond Biscotti, page 82… reduce the canola oil to 1/3 cup.
- Honey Free Better Baklava, page 85…ingredient list: 1⁄2 cup canola oil, more if needed.
- Apple Walnut Cobbler, page 102, add 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped, toasted and cooled) to the apple filling.
- Fresh Raspberry Betty, page 105…Step #2…toss the berries with the light natural cane sugar. The dark whole cane sugar is added later.
- Baking Powder Biscuits, page 110… yield is 14-16, the correct quantity of canola oil is 7 tablespoons, and soymilk is 1⁄2 cup. Step #4, pat the dough into a 1-inch thick round.
- Currant Scones, page 114…yield is 12 to 14 (3-inch) scones, the correct quantity of canola oil is 1/2 cup, and soymilk is 7 tablespoons. Add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup to the ingredients, to brush the scones before baking. Step#3, pat the dough into a 1-inch thick square.
- Pumpkin Pecan Bread, page 120 …add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup for brushing the loaf.
- Banana Walnut Bread, page 122…add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup for brushing the loaf.
- Virtuous Vanilla Cake, page 130…the recipe is followed by Cashew Cream Icing.
- Coconut Cloud Layer Cake, page 142…the Frosting recipe starts on page 145.
- Tart Lemon Spread, page 157… Step #3, add 1/2 cup of the rice milk; the remaining 2 tablespoons of rice milk will be used in Step# 4.
- Amazing Hot Fudge Sundae Cake…page 164… Step# 2, the correct amount of sugar is 3/4 cup. Step #4 use the remaining 1 cup of sugar. Cool the cake for 15 minutes before serving.
- Sweet Apple Streusel Pie, page 180…Step #8, says to cover the pie with aluminum foil if it is getting too brown. The correct procedure is to cover it with parchment paper first and over wrap with aluminum foil.
- Annemarie’s Apple Juice Kuzu Pudding…page 196, Step #2 After the mixture has thickened and cleared, remove the saucepan from the stove and add the vanilla extract.
REVISED RECIPE: CRISP & CHEWY LACE COOKIES