After leaving the food mecca that is New York City for rural New Jersey, Laura Theodore, the TASTE award-winning host of public television’s Jazzy Vegetarian created the concept of “vegan-ease.” Laura believes that anyone, no matter where they live, can easily – and economically – create delicious plant-based meals that will be embraced by any foodie, whether omnivore, vegetarian, or vegan.
In Laura Theodore’s Vegan-Ease: An Easy Guide to Enjoying a Plant-Based Diet: A New Approach To Living Vegan, you will find nutritional analysis for each recipes as well as an Ease-Factor so you can choose recipes based on the time you have and what’s in your pantry. Vegan-Ease is cookbook as well as a guide to a cost-saving, healthier lifestyle. Each recipe is accompanied by a full color photograph and many of the recipes have five ingredients or less! Laura has included twelve full menu plans for any occasion, and basic shopping lists to help cut costs at the grocery store.
Four-Ingredient Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 16 to 18 Cookies / Ease Factor 1
Oh yeah! These delectable little cuties are so simple to make, you just may want to make a double batch. With only four ingredients, you can’t go wrong with this easy twist on a classic cookie.
- 2 large, ripe bananas
- 1¼ cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Put the bananas in a medium-sized bowl and mash with a potato masher or large fork until smooth. Add the oats, raisins and chocolate chips; stir to combine.
- Using a cookie scoop or large spoon, drop a heaping tablespoonful of the cookie batter onto the lined baking sheet, gently flattening it with a rubber spatula or clean fingertips. Continue in this manner with the remaining cookie dough.
- Bake for 13 to 17 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and cookies are almost set. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes. Stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, cookies will keep for about 3 days.
Amount per serving, based on 1 cookie: 59 Calories; 2g Fat; 1g Saturated fat; 1g Protein; 1mg Sodium; 11g Total Carbohydrate; 4g Sugars; 2g Fiber
Recipe from Laura Theodore’s Vegan-Ease: An Easy Guide to Enjoying a Plant-Based Diet © Laura Theodore (Jazzy Vegetarian, LLC 2015), reprinted by permission. Photo by David Kaplan.
I have a copy of Laura Theodore’s Vegan-Ease along with a bar of Pascha Chocolate for one lucky reader this week. U.S. residents only, please. Follow the instructions below to enter. Contest ends at midnight eastern time on October 6, 2015. Good luck!